Telfer Wegg is a professional photographer specializing in outdoor and travel photos for publication or decor. He was born and raised on a dairy farm in Ontario’s York County and has a degree in agriculture from the University of Guelph. He has been a resident of Grey County since 1963.
Some of his photographic activities and achievements include:
- Contracted with Visual Contact, an international stock photo agency.
- Marketing of self-published postcards along with photo greeting cards and fine art prints through a number of Ontario galleries and stores.
- Photography workshops, seminars and tours.
- Presentation of travelogues, with 50 different programs currently available.
- Self-publishing of three books, including “Rural Routes, Exploring the Back Roads of Saugeen Country”.
- Freelance writing and photo illustration.
- Frequent travel in search of stock images (10 Provinces, 48 U.S. States and 47 foreign countries logged).
Telfer has over 5,000 prints and 16,000 slides in stock and available for publishing or decor. The five photos published here represent just a small sampling of the photographic work Telfer has on display at the Owen Sound Artists’ Co-op. These images, and many others, are available as postcards, photo note cards and enlargements (framed and unframed) at a variety of prices. Telfer also produces Photo-CDs. They are in self-starting “flip album” form and each includes 150-175 images with captions. Albums showing samples of Telfer’s work are available from the Co-op or by contacting him directly.