David Kettle: Born in 1953, David Kettle currently resides in Owen Sound. Although interested in photography since he was a child, he earned a living as a software programmer most of his life. He began to explore the intersection of computer technology and arts soon after digital cameras and computers became affordable to the general public.
Nancy Gates: Through the years some of my favourite ways to express creativity have been knitting, sewing, dressmaking and quilting. At present I am knitting one-of-a-kind hand warmers in a wide variety of patterns and colours. Using my imagination to let each pair evolve and become unique is very rewarding.
Jeff Kinchen and Jordan Hall – have been sharing ideas about art and craftsmanship since high school. Their art is often surreal and heavily influenced by nature, incorporating wood, stone, shell and other naturally found objects into their mixed media and sculptures. Nowadays, they spend most of their time together fishing for Salmon, Steelhead and Carp.
Billy Goodkat is originally from Belfast, Ireland and has been creating graffiti art since the age of 14. Billy resides in Owen Sound, and his graff style murals can be found all over Grey and Bruce County, many of which have been in collaboration with students and community projects.
About The Guest Artist Program
The Guest Artist program at the Owen Sound Artists’ Co-operative is a great way participate with our group. Monthly, we host one to two artists in a dedicated spot in our gallery. This program is extremely popular and we have long waiting lists! We are hoping to accept more guests monthly in the future. When we are looking for new members, we often look at the list of past guest members.
How To Apply
Our Board of Directors juries work submitted monthly, and if the work seems to be a good fit with our establishment, a month is determined with the input of our membership member. We ask potential guest to fill out a guest artists application. Please plan to bring work in for jurying the day of the monthly board meeting and arrange to pick up the next day. (Contact the store manager for details on the monthly date).
A good representation of your work must be submitted and appear as it would for sale and display in the store, i.e. all paintings, drawings must be titled, framed and/or glazed and ready for hanging. All work must be intended for sale. No more than 6 items please. Any relevant information regarding working methods, materials and pricing should accompany your work along with a brief artist’s biography or resume. When choosing you pieces, think of a body of cohesive work, rather than all the different styles or disciplines you practice. Please bring work in for jurying the day of the monthly board meeting and arrange to pick up the next day.
The current percentage commission (35%) from all sales will be charged as well as a $50.00 fee ($56.50 with HST). The applicant will be notified within 3 or 4 days following the jurying process (usually by phone) and further arrangements can be made for pickup or display
2018 Guest Artist Schedule
- David Robinson, Oils
- Allison Arnold, Painting
- Will Krisza, Acrylic Spray Paint, Surreal
- Pam Woodward, Textile Art
- Caroline Menzies, Acrylic
- Emily Bi, Chinese Brushwork
- Tak Ki Lai, recycled paper art
- Stella Capongna, mixed media
- Beth Grant, lampworked beads
- Mark Zelinski, Photo Book and Images
- Cindy Matthews, Wax on Ink
- Michiline Howitt, Rug Hooking
- Barbara Hotson, Watercolour
- Joan Hawksbridge, Mixed Media
- Iris Lucas, Oils
- Jessie Hirt, Photos on Canvas
- Halina Shearman, Handcrafted Clothing from Repurposed Scarfs
- Heather Goldsworthy, Photos and Acrylic on Wood
- Remagination by Rosie, Vintage Button Jewellery
- Jill Sosnowski, Fabric Art
- Shauna Earle, Encaustic
- Louise Moore, Oils
- Kate Clarke, Oils
- Brian Robin, Macro Photography
- Jean MacDonald, Acrylic and Watercolour
- David Aspenlieder, Mixed Media Abstract
- Stalla Coultas, 3D Fabric Art
- Jenny Lee Learn – Mixed Media
- Cindie Fearnell – Photography
- Dianne Semple Patille, Intentional Camera Movement Photography