Emily Bi: Emily captures in her Chinese brush paintings the beauties of nature, ranging from flowers, to birds, to landscapes. Being a gardening enthusiast, peonies are among her favourite painting subjects. Emily is passionate about her business “Ginko Footprints”.
Caroline Menzies: Caroline started painting five years ago after leaving her job as manager of The Owen Sound Artists’ Co-op. She won Best Landscape at Southampton Gallery’s juried show in 2016 and has exhibited in shows throughout Grey Bruce. She lives in Owen Sound with her husband, daughter and two dogs.
Pam Woodward: Pam has had a 40 year career as a textile artist working in costuming. She has specialized in surface design techniques including dyeing, painting, embellishments, fabric manipulation, and breakdown, the technique of aging and distressing a costume.
Now retired, Pam teaches Indigo Dyeing with Japanese Shibori Resist Dyeing and other surface design techniques.
About The Guest Artist Program
The Guest Artist program at the Owen Sound Artists’ Co-operative is a great way participate with our group. Monthly, we host one to two artists in a dedicated spot in our gallery. This program is extremely popular and we have long waiting lists! We are hoping to accept more guests monthly in the future. When we are looking for new members, we often look at the list of past guest members.
How To Apply
Our Board of Directors juries work submitted monthly, and if the work seems to be a good fit with our establishment, a month is determined with the input of our membership member. We ask potential guest to fill out a guest artists application. Please plan to bring work in for jurying the day of the monthly board meeting and arrange to pick up the next day. (Contact the store manager for details on the monthly date).
A good representation of your work must be submitted and appear as it would for sale and display in the store, i.e. all paintings, drawings must be titled, framed and/or glazed and ready for hanging. All work must be intended for sale. No more than 6 items please. Any relevant information regarding working methods, materials and pricing should accompany your work along with a brief artist’s biography or resume. When choosing you pieces, think of a body of cohesive work, rather than all the different styles or disciplines you practice. Please bring work in for jurying the day of the monthly board meeting and arrange to pick up the next day.
The current percentage commission (35%) from all sales will be charged as well as a $50.00 fee ($56.50 with HST). The applicant will be notified within 3 or 4 days following the jurying process (usually by phone) and further arrangements can be made for pickup or display
2018 Guest Artist Schedule
- Pam Woodward, Textile Art
- Caroline Menzies, Acrylic
- Emily Bi, Chinese Brushwork
- Tak Ki Lai, recycled paper art
- Stella Capongna, mixed media
- Beth Grant, lampworked beads
- Mark Zelinski, Photo Book and Images
- Cindy Matthews, Wax on Ink
- Michiline Howitt, Rug Hooking
- Barbara Hotson, Watercolour
- Joan Hawksbridge, Mixed Media
- Iris Lucas, Oils
- Jessie Hirt, Photos on Canvas
- Halina Shearman, Handcrafted Clothing from Repurposed Scarfs
- Heather Goldsworthy, Photos and Acrylic on Wood
- Remagination by Rosie, Vintage Button Jewellery
- Jill Sosnowski, Fabric Art
- Shauna Earle, Encaustic
- Louise Moore, Oils
- Kate Clarke, Oils
- Brian Robin, Macro Photography
- Jean MacDonald, Acrylic and Watercolour
- David Aspenlieder, Mixed Media Abstract
- Stalla Coultas, 3D Fabric Art
- Jenny Lee Learn – Mixed Media
- Cindie Fearnell – Photography
- Dianne Semple Patille, Intentional Camera Movement Photography